Monday, June 20, 2011

Exploring Luzon

Photo courtesy of http://bjruth.com

The Philippines has many beautiful places and beaches to visit, it's hard to choose where to go first. Many people have heard of Boracay, even those living in other countries, but the PI is more than just 'Bora' - we have other more beautiful and unspoiled beaches. Beaches where it's ideal to go to, to really do these things, "relax & unwind'.

When you say beaches, what comes to mind would be islands in the Visayas and Mindanao regions. What people from Luzon don't realize is that their island is abundant with beaches. In fact, some are not commercialized yet, which makes them more attractive in my opinion. Luzon has the beaches of Palawan, but I've read that geographically, they are part of the Visayas region. When it comes to regional administration, though, Palawan is one of the provinces of the Southern Tagalog region, a region in Luzon.

As part of my 'rebooting' this travel blog of mine, I have set-up a goal of exploring the beautiful places of Luzon, including beaches and historical sites. It's my way of getting to know our country better, and blogging about it is my way of sharing my experiences to other people. It's my way of encouraging readers to visit the places I will visit.

No comments: